Question: Aneurysm-Left Posterior Tuber Artery

nikki429 - Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:47 am

I received my MRA results back in the mail, and no doctor to explain them to me... The Impression was: "Finding are highly suspicious for a 1.5 mm aneurysm of the left posterior tuber artery about 1.7 cm beyond its origin." I have been recently diagnosed with PKD which is hereditary. Should I be concerned? My doctor isn't in for another week.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:25 pm

First I am amazed that a critical MRI result would be sent to the patient when the doctor was not available (nor anyone covering for the doctor). I'm not sure who is responsible for this, but there's nothing to be done now. The result shows that the radiologist who read the MRI found a lesion "highly suspicious" of (or in other words likely to represent) an aneurism on the named artery in your brain, which is an occasional complication of PKD and which needs to be followed and possibly treated surgically, depending on many factors, none of which can be addressed without a doctor actually being in charge of the issue.

Since you posted this in March and considerable time has passed since, I hope not only have you gotten your proper answers from a doctor, but that an appropriate plan of treatment and/or observation has been laid out and that you are currently doing well.

Please do follow up with us. Best of luck to you.

|