Question: hit in the temple.

jennaboo - Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:47 am

last night i got hit in the temple pretty hard.
ive been having non stop headaches and starting to feel dizzy. now i have a blood shot eye, what is wrong? please help?!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:31 pm

User avatar Hello Jennaboo,

I do apologize for the delay in responding to your question. If your headaches and dizziness are continuing I would strongly recommend you see your doctor for further evaluation.

Often, with injuries like this, the headaches and the dizziness are concussive symptoms. Concussions are basically symptoms without obvious changes showing injury to the brain. In a sense, it is as if the brain has been stunned. These symptoms eventually resolve although it can take a while.

The concern is that blows to the head can occasionally cause some bleeding that can be dangerous. These should be evaluated for if there are any changes in mental status, if emesis occurs that is uncontrollable (i.e. more than once or twice), or if there are any signs that symptoms are getting worse rather than better. I would also add that if there is concern for any reason, evaluation is a very reasonable option.

|