News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Slurred speech, forgetfulness, muscle spasms/cramps.

Cowboy1978 - Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:18 am

I have been experiencing some slurred or mixed up speech... like I go to say something and I end up totally messing up the word. Then I have been a little forgetful of things that I usually would remember, & also have been having muscle spasms & cramps. It has all been for about a month or two. It started with the muscle cramps. The speech/forgetfulness has just been about the past 3 weeks. I have hypertension & take enalipril (not sure of the spelling). I have a doctors appt next monday... just so worried about it. Does anyone have any suggestions? If it helps, It all started after I got influenza. I didn't take anything, but they gave me an Aristacort shot (again, unsure of the spelling). Can anyone help?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:05 pm

User avatar Hello -

Most of your symptoms could be related to the use of enalapril. Some of the common side effects are confusion (which would include inability to think of words, finish sentences, etc.), and muscle cramps and spasms. This seems a very likely explanation, although only your doctor can determine for sure that's what it is. It certainly will cause these problems.

Hope this is helpful. Best of luck to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here