News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Is it ok to mix Picamilon with Glutamine ?

Bru023 - Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:39 pm

Im not sure if this post is in the right field but i am taking picamilon for anxiety help and was wondering if also taking a Glutamine supplement would be ok to mix they both are Brain foods. Picamilon is Gaba -mixed with niacin allowing it to cross the BBB , and the Glutamine is the precursor to Gaba ....Would i be over doing it or would it be a good safe mix? thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:37 pm

User avatar Hello,
I am not familiar with picamilon, but it appears to be a nutritional supplement. As such, it is not studied and regulated for purity and efficacy by the FDA in the U.S. Therefore, we do not have scientific information about its safety when combined with other drugs either. I have not been able to find an objective study reporting its benefits though the makers of the supplement may have quite a bit of information. Most claims and reports come from user testimonials and the website representing the product.

This is not to imply it does not do what it claims; just that we can't objectively comment on its effects or interactions. You may be able to get more information on this through natural food stores and supplement suppliers.

Best wishes.
 Bru023 - Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:28 pm

yea that is the reason i am taking it i did days of research on the supplement and found no negative posts or info about it only positive all around so im trying it and it seems to have a slight xanax feel but just on the mind not the whole body . to my knowledge glutamine creats both Gaba and glutamic acid or glutamate . and i just want the gaba ... thank you doctor

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here