News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Right Side Head Pain

greendaisy1116 - Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi I've been having right side head pain the last couple of days. It's like a quick shock and goes away in seconds and happens a couple of times a day. I have had numb hands and arms in the past do to neck problems. And lately i have noticed that if i am chewing something that my face get tingly. Just wondering if this is associated with neck problems or is it something more serious??
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:07 pm

User avatar Hi there -

What you describe is consistent with several possibly related problems, including the original cervical spine problem. It could also be due to temporomadibular joint disese (TMJ, a misalignment of the jaw or bite), and/or inflammation of one of the cranial nerves. These can all be interrelated as well. I don't think any of it is anything to be especially alarmed about, but pain is pain, so I'm sure you'll be happier once it is diagnosed, treated and resolved.

Best of luck to you. I hope this is helpful.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here