Question: Pelvic and lower back pain

BettyB - Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:15 am

Sorry I was not sure where to post this. I have had horrible pain in my lower pelvic area that goes through to my back, mostly on my left side but at times is on right as well. It started just over 2 yrs ago and came and went as it pleased. About 1 yr ago it went completely away for a month or so and I was exstatic, but it returned way worse than ever before. Most of the time it stops me in my tracks and doubles me over. I have had 2 diagnos. laprscpy. I've had a colonoscpy, seen a general sergeon and OB along with 3 other docs. and many many lab tests with no answers. I have researched it online and there are MANY people with the same pain/symptons that have no answers either. My next step is a Neurologist or a pain clinic. Do you have any ideas what this could be?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:56 am

You're right, this is a fairly common complaint and seems to be something of a mystery much of the time. A pain clinic, preferably one run by a neurologist, might be your best bet at this point, since all the clinical tests have been appropriate yet have turned up nothing.

Please keep us updated, as this is something I'm sure a lot of women suffer with and there seems to be no clear-cut answer.

Best of luck to you.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:21 am

User avatar I hope you are feeling better. Please keep us updated.

|