Question: Pain behind ear, nerve twitch in lip

Miceli78 - Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:33 am

I was involved in a care accident a year ago that resulted in fractures to my spine (T4 and T5), Herniated disc (C3) blunt hit to frontal part of head. Since that time, i have experienced:

1) Frequent headaches with pulsating nerves that are seen and felt by the touch (usually sharp nerve pain about 5-6 times per week) These vary in location, intensity and duration. I generally experience them above my left eye brow, the back of the hear (right above the neck), and temporal regions;

2) Back and neck pain (to be expected) usually from muscle tension/ knots;

3) Neurological deficits- Short-term memory: forgetting what I want to say, forgetting what others have just told me (specifics); Comprehension problems and decreased processing speed; Inability to articulate thoughts clearly (Rammbling/ finding words) and

4) Pain in and behind my left ear, especially when I put pressure with my finger: this is occassional (3 times per month), but when it is present, it results in extreme pain in and behind my ear. There is a scab in my ear that has never gone away no matter what cream I use. There is also a lump (boney) in the crease behind my ear only if you press hard). It is extremely painful. Pulsing/ stabbing. It lasts approx. 3 days.

My concern arose to having the pain in the ear again, with a non-stop nerve twitch in my upper lip (2 days now). I just wanted to see if this is something that I should take seriously. Hope you can help. Please feel free to ask any other questions. Thank you for your efforts.
 Miceli78 - Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:09 pm

Pardon the typos in my previous post. I should probably clarify that I had recieved ongoing care from an orthopadic surgeon for my back/ neck, have seen a neurologist (shortly after my accident-no finding after a verbal neurological eval). I just recently moved to another state and wondered if I should find a new doctor for these complaints-if so, should I just jump to a specialist? I'm a grad student and finances are tight. Open to suggestions. Thanks again.
 louiec6683 - Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:37 pm

I have had a twitch in my lip for four weeks now, had an eeg to rule out focal seizure. Dr was pretty sure it was not but just checked to make sure. Lip twitching in pretty common when you have lots of stress. I also get really bad tension headaches in my neck. Did you see a Dr? If not I would could have an ear infection thats causing the gland in your neck to swell causing pain and an infection could cause muscle twitching.

|