Question: foot pain for 6 weeks

bretters - Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:55 pm

the swelling begain in my knee. I applied ice and the following morning pain in moved into right foot. Pain has been in foot ever sense about 6 weeks have elapsed and doesnt seem to go away. Doctor proscribed 800 ibp for sweeling and did not help
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:39 pm

The presentation of symptoms is odd unless there was some preceding trauma to the knee (and perhaps the foot as well). You don't mention any such event, but it leaves me to wonder. You didn't have time to cause the foot pain by favoring the knee, so that's out. Nerve pain alone doesn't cause swelling, and a swollen knee usually follows some sort of injury. One possible exception could be rheumatic fever, but that usually is accompanied by warmth and redness in the joint and a generalized feeling of malaise.

I'm still wondering if you might have somehow injured your knee and/or foot previously and either failed to mention it or forgot it happened.

If there's any other history it would be very helpful in figuring out what's might be wrong.

|