News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: foot pain for 6 weeks

bretters - Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:55 pm

the swelling begain in my knee. I applied ice and the following morning pain in moved into right foot. Pain has been in foot ever sense about 6 weeks have elapsed and doesnt seem to go away. Doctor proscribed 800 ibp for sweeling and did not help
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:39 pm

User avatar Hello -

The presentation of symptoms is odd unless there was some preceding trauma to the knee (and perhaps the foot as well). You don't mention any such event, but it leaves me to wonder. You didn't have time to cause the foot pain by favoring the knee, so that's out. Nerve pain alone doesn't cause swelling, and a swollen knee usually follows some sort of injury. One possible exception could be rheumatic fever, but that usually is accompanied by warmth and redness in the joint and a generalized feeling of malaise.

I'm still wondering if you might have somehow injured your knee and/or foot previously and either failed to mention it or forgot it happened.

If there's any other history it would be very helpful in figuring out what's might be wrong.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here