Question: Upper left thigh ache and numbness

mica - Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:00 am

I have been getting upper left thigh ache off and on along with numbness in left leg and upper left arm no pain in arm but sometimes the numbess goes all the way down the leg.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:22 pm

While there is no direct connection between the left (or right) upper and lower extremities, the pain and numbness in your left leg could well be sciatica, which is usually caused by impingement on the sciatic nerve in the lower back, and can cause both numbness and sometimes excruciating pain.

I have no idea what might be going on with your left arm, except that it is very unlikely related to the leg problem.

I hope this is helpful. Best of luck to you.
 zwatcher - Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:33 am

I too am having a problem with my left thigh.
the front has been numb for weeks with itching on the back of the thigh and if i stand still for more then a minute i get a burning pain right in the middle of my left thigh, mid way between knee and groin.
i also experience occasional numbness in both feet and twitchy nervous sensations in both legs.

|