Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Headaches and congenital anomaly arteries in the brain

nicollemcf - Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:10 pm

I had severe headaches from Nov of 05 until March of 06 and thought they were caused by black mold. The headaches have returned and I have had them everyday since Aug 10th. I had an MRI and MRA. The doctor said nothing revealed a cause for the headaches, but I do have congenital anomaly arteries in the brain. Could this cause headaches?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:03 pm

There are some congenital arterial anomalies found in and around the brain which can cause headaches, sometimes some quite severe ones. It would be helpful to know more about the sort of anomalous arteries you have, for instance, if you have an arteriovenous malformation (AVM) and where it is located. These often cause some pretty bad headaches, and sometimes this represents a change requiring attention, while other times it is only a symptom and not serious. It just depends. More information would be helpful.

Please follow up with us here, especially if you can add any information regarding the aterial anomaly. Best of luck to you.

|