Question: Vibration in my head

Seshadri - Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:28 am

Sir, I am Seshadri. I am 22 years old. I have an history of one-side
attack (my left side of my body) when i was 11, due to a small clot in my
brain (Right MCA Infarct). I am alright after that and I am taking Ecosprin 75mg once a day regularly. Now, since past two-three days i feel a bit
heavy (uncomfortable) in my chest region, in centre of my trunk; I feel this when I
breathe in and out; I don't have any pain or other symptoms. Also, I feel
my head is also vibrating a little (as in a headache) just like my heart's
pulses; I feel uncomfortable especially when I lie down to sleep. So, I sleep
with my left shoulder supporting my head and in a right-side tilted
position, to help me feel comfortable. I wonder what is wrong wiith me..I
plead you to counsel me, sir..please...
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:23 pm

User avatar Hello Seshadri -

Normally I would not make too much of these symptoms, but because of your history of MCA infarct 11 years ago, some questions are raised in my mind. I wonder if you could elaborate somewhat on the sensation in your chest. You say it can be felt when you inhale and exhale. Is it painful as well? Heaviness could be due to many things, but the one possibility that concerns me is that it may be due to a cardiac arrhythmia (possibly atrial fibrillation). While this is rare in young people, it is far from unheard of. It is also a major cause of strokes.

Your sensation in the chest, plus the sensation in your head, which could be due to irregular pulses of the heart -- or could be due to a neurological issue -- together concern me enough to suggest you be seen by an internist soon, if at all possible. If you are having episodes of atrial fibrillation, as young as you are (and as you were when your first stroke occurred) make it possible you suffer from a very correctable heart abnormality, of which one of the features is occasional episodes of atrial fibrillation.

This is, of course, only speculation on my part. It is difficult to make more than an educated guess at a distance. Again, because of your history, I feel you should be seen and evaluated as soon as possible. Please follow up with us here, both to let us know how things turn out, and also in case you can add more details to help us try and figure out what might be going on.

Best of luck to you. I look forward to hearing back from you.

|