Question: Burning,twitching, and kicking left leg and hip .

bostonbabies - Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:42 am

First I'd like to say I appreciate what you all do. Since 2005 I've had 7 out of the 9 surgeries I've had, also 6 cortisone injections. What is of most concern to me now is a sometimes severe pain in my hips. My left hip always burns and I sometimes have severe twitching and even kicking in my left leg (Once in a while my right). I had an anterior fusion on the L4-5 in Feb. 2008.The last injury to my lower back was in 2006. My neck had problems in 2007 and I ended up having an anterior fusion on C5-6-C6-7. I'm still having a lot of pain in both areas. I guess my main question is what might cause the twitching,burning, and kicking in my leg? It's only at night that it twitches and kicks ,but my hip and low back constantly burns.A recent MRI to the hip shows no findings other than a few small scattered inguinal lymph nodes. I should mention the MRI of the lower spine showed mild diffuse annular disc bulge and the same at L5-S1. It also showed mild decreased T2 signal in the intervertebral discs at L3-L4and L4-L5 secondary to degenerative desiccation and mild narrowing of the disc at these levels.There were many other findings as well. This is what i thought would be pertinant.
Thank you very much for your time .
Respectfully,
 bostonbabies - Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:28 pm

I'm sorry to reply to my own post, but I'm really under the gun. I have faith in my neurologist, and I just had an MRI report on the low back. He called me and said the fusion went ok, but I still have tremendous pain. I'm also on long term disability with my former employer that is under review where they want to know if I could make 60%'sedentary work" of my previous salary. I started working when I was 13 yrs. old. I always felt compelled to do heavy labor because I was skinny and didn't want to be considered a wimp. I've spent most of my life in masonry and steel work and heavy construction. I don't know how to do anything else. I couldn't take restaurant work...not because it's beneath me but because I am a heavy laborer and skilled tradesman. It's hard to do what they do for me. I couldn't deal with the abuse they take for 1 and I couldn't stand for that long at a time. I can't finish a grocery store trip with my wife. I have to take a break shaving for the pain. I couldn't even flip hamburgers now because who would hire me. I'm high risk. I now days could walk to the mailbox and end up with a surgery. I'm not to proud to do anything. I loved working. I always strove for more pay and promotions through hard work and setting an example. My long term disability carrier hired a ssd firm for me and they said it looks favorable if I had a letter from the doctor. I've had 9 surgeries 6 cort. shots. 26 weeks of pt. I had a fellow coworker try to swear that I injured myself on the job! I wouldn't have any part of that. I had injured my knee that time"I had no acl" and nursed it along and it gave out at work nearly busting my head wide open on a metal tub. I would never ever ever try to ,sorry "screw" my company! which is any company that hires me. I am dedicated!So now I stand in jeopardy of losing my house that I purchased when I was well. Right after the purchase all heck breaks loose and I start falling apart. I have 4 kids now to take care of an outrageous mortgage because before I got hurt I was gonna refinance???? I need advice. Just some ideas???? please....

|