News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: A/C and headaches

alemayehu3 - Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:22 am

I just recently moved from Seattle to Las vegas and Since i have been here I have had a headache almost every day. I was wondering what was causing my headache and if it had anything to do with A/C?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:01 pm

User avatar Hello -

It is entirely possible that A/C (I assume you mean air conditioning?) and the overall arid climate in that area, could be causing some irritation in your sinuses and producing headaches. A/C has a purposeful drying effect, and the outside air there is generally extremely arid anyway, so for one not yet acclimated to these conditions, an almost constant headache wouldn't be surprising at all. While there are obviously other potential causes, this one does jump out at the top of this list. I'm not sure what can be done about it, however. Time to acclimate may cause it to lessen or go away. Meanwhile, ibuprofin may become your new best friend.

Good luck to you with this. Please follow up here if there are any more questions.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here