Forum Name: Headaches

Question: headache at temples nausea vomiting vision impairment

Grizzly - Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:47 am

I am posting this on behalf on my girlfriend who is 16 and experiencing the following...
1) sudden lightheadedness and vision brightens until everything is white and cannot see
2) bad headaches located behind the eyes at the temples
3) nausea and vomiting
4) bad stomach aches

for a little over a month she has been having headaches and stomach discomfort every night but the above symptoms began just yesterday

her period was a few days late and was very dark and clotty when it came the day after the symptoms started

Also she has seen her doctor who told her to see an ophthalmologist and get an MRI. She saw the ophthalmologist today and he said there was nothing wrong with her vision.

I know that she doesn't sleep as much as she should and is under a great deal of stress at home and in school. She is also not eating as regularly as she should. She is very physically active and play 2 sports and does dance.

I don't really know what is going on...is it all stress related? a combination of several factors? or something else entirely...I would deeply appreciate any insight you could offer just to ease my mind
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:40 am

It's possible that all her symptoms are in fact stress related, however, one should not jump to that conclusion except after ruling out any serious condition.

Do these headaches wake her up from sleep? Are they the reason why she doesn't sleep as you have mentioned?

The picture doesn't fit a particular headache syndrome. I agree with her doctor, an MRI would be in order just to rule out anything funny.

Please keep us updated.
 Grizzly - Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:44 pm

Dr. Fouad,

Thank you forgetting back to me. My girlfriend got an MRI and the found a pineal cyst, which perfectly explains her symptoms, however, the doctors say it is too small to cause her symptoms. Brain cancer has also been ruled out. It seems that we are back to square one. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks Again

|