News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: pineal cyst with migranes, nausea, fatique, tectal plate fla

agatha - Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:05 am

I have been diagnosed with pineal cyst. I am having daily migraines accompanied with nausea, fatigue, behavior/mood changes. No hydrocephalus but tectal plate flattened.

Need answers
Agatha
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:36 pm

User avatar Hi Agatha,

I'm sure you're aware of how common pineal cysts are and how unusual it is for one to actually produce symptoms. If the cyst is large enough (rare) it can cause mass effect against the tectal plate (flattening). This could account for your symptoms but
also may not. Much would depend upon the size of the cyst. Do you happen to know the size of the cyst? If so, that might help, as they rarely are symptomatic unless they surpass 10 mm.

Please follow up with us and if you have the information that would be a big help. Good luck to you. We'll await your followup.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here