Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Headaches, swollen lymph nodes, dark yellow urine.

bmurf - Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:27 pm

I'm a healthy, average weight 31 year old male. For the last 3 years, every 6 months or so, I've had a throbbing headache with swollen lymph nodes for about 3 months at a time. I've seen 3 doctors for this, and they haven't been able to diagnose me. It started with a swollen lymph node for which I was given antibiotics for. It brought it down, but not back to normal size, and it's been "half-swollen" compared to the other one since the antibiotic treatment. It always starts off with the throbbing lymph node which then sets off a excruciating headache at the base of my skull. During these episodes, I always have dark yellow urine, not matter how much liquids I drink that day. One doctor that I went to suggested that it may be that the lymph node is filled with toxins, and that is why it is still swollen and that time to time, it leaks out the toxins. What can I do to treat this?

Please help.
Thank you for your time.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:47 am

Could you please specify where these lymph nodes are located exactly? Whether they are all over the body or just restricted to a particular area? What antibiotics did you respond to?

I agree with your doctor that the cause of your lymph node enlargement is probably infectious. The change in urine color may have been related to the drugs you are taking ?antibiotics.

Please keep this thread updated.

|