Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Pain behind left eye

z28mike220 - Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:43 am

This started for me when I was lifting weights at the gym on my first set of bench presses I began getting this slight pain behind/above my left eye after the second set it was worse and by the third it hurt very very bad. I also seemed to have slightly blury vision in that eye. I went home and took a day off and tried again same thing its ok until I really exert my self hard. Took another day off and tried again same thing although I did get through my workout by just going easy and it was ok. Now they pain and blury vision is still slightly there and it intensifies with head pressure like say I would bend down to pick something up I can feel it behing the left eye. Could I have strained or blown something. Thanks for your help.
 Tracy F. RN - Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:41 am

Hello. There is always the possibility of strains and other types of injuries from lifting weights. Your pain continued to worsen and was accompanied by blurry vision. Even after taking time off, exercising replicates the pain and you are not able to work out at the intensity you have in the past. I would not continue with your work outs until after you are evaluated by your doctor. You don't want to do any damage, or any more damage if you have done some already. Your doctor may suggest simply resting for an extended period of time or even imaging studies. But the point is, pain and blurry vision after an injury is not something that should be ignored. Best of luck to you.

Tracy F. RN

|