News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: conitnuous vibrations in right side off head 24 hrs

savitri - Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi,
My mom is having continuous vibrations in right side of head 24 hours since last 8 years. Its very painful. She feels vibrations in her right eye and right side of nose also. She is relaxed only when she is sleeping because that time she don't come to know. She has spondaliatis, thyroid also.

We have taken her to so many doctors but nobody is even able to diagnose the problem. We have done MRI, CT scan, but nothing appears in repots.

We don't even know what the problem is so that we can do treatment for that.

Please please please help me in curing her problem. I would be greatful to you for whole life.

Thanks,
Sid
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:54 pm

User avatar Hi,

Does your mother have spondylosis of the neck vertabrae? This can cause chronic headache as you have described as well as a host of other abnormal sensations (eg, numbness, sense of vibration) etc.

Other causes of chronic headache include:
* Tension headache (commonest cause of chronic headaches).
* Depression
* Drugs (e.g. some blood pressure meds, some heart attack meds, oral contraceptive, overuse of analgesics).

What did her doctor say about his thoughts?
 corriest123 - Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:27 pm

Hi,
For almost 2 years now, I have been experiencing occasional head throbbing, I am sure that these are just headaches, but when I get them (about every 4 months or so) they are prolonged and last on and off for a few days. I am particularly concerned because I have a faminly history of brain aneurisms. My grandfather died of one, and my female cousin died of one at age 21. I also read that they are genetically dominant females. Could I get some insight on this please?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here