Forum Name: Headaches

Question: pulsing headache, numbness, speaking, vision, help please

matt2121 - Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:47 pm

Hello, I'm 16 years old and the other day after my about an hour after my basketball game I was sitting down to eat and i got a very bad headache on the left side of my head i tried to say something to my mom but i kept forgetting words, i could still communicate ok but when my mom asked me her name I knew what it was and i could see it spelled out in my head but could not say it, it came out like cholat when her name is Karla, even after she said it out loud it took me a few time to say it right, I started to be able to speak clearly after a few minutes but my headache was still bad so I laid down, i noticed my peripheral vision on my right side was of it seemed colorful almost like there was a tv over to the side. after a few minutes my right arm was very numb and tingly esp in my finger, then my right cheek became numb and then part of my tongue, it went away in a few minutes, but my headache lasted all night and it still hurts today(the night after) a little bit esp when i make any sudden movements with my head. thankyou
 Hayleytelford - Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:34 am

Hello Matt, you don't know how relieved I am to find this post, I have had two similar attacks to yours, one on Saturday night, where I was sitting, chatting with friends, i could feel my fingers and wrist tingling and going numb, not like a pins and needles sensation, just like I was losing the use of my hand, which quickly followed by my speech changing, I knew what I wanted to say in my mind, yet my words came out jumbled up. I began to get upset, then the right side of my lips, cheek and tongue went numb with the same feeling as in my right hand. The whole thing lasted just a few minutes, followed by a throbbing headache, I went to bed and woke up the next morning feeling like I had a terrible hangover, even though I had not consumed any alcohol. This is the second time I have had one of these "attacks" and I also would love to find out what is wrong with us!

Hayley
 DAH21 - Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:13 pm

Hello both of you,
I am relieved to find this post too... I have an issue similar to yours but, if I comprehend your post correctly, mine are more frequent. I suffered seven head trauma's since I was six. Two years ago, I got in a fight with a guy and I got my head smacked pretty hard into a concrete floor and I lost consciousness for a few minutes. Since then, I often get weird symptoms that don't seem related to any doctor I have seen. I get a sensation in my head that it is half filled with wet cotton filling and I get suddenly onset double vision and speech impairments. Like Matt, I can hear what I want to say in my head, but I can't say it right out loud. I get numbness in the left side of my face and twitching in my left eye. I can't walk unassisted without tripping over my feet, and both of my hands will go frightfully cold. Last time I went to the hospital for it my blood pressure spiked at 188/96. Ten minutes later, it was normal again. I would really appreciate an answer to this... I get hurt often because of it.

Katsuko
 matt2121 - Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:02 pm

yeah I would like to know too, its only happened to me once (about a week ago) how long was it after your first one till u had your second? the only thing i could think of that has these symptoms is a stroke or TIA which is like a mini stroke, but i don't think i had a stroke considering im only 16, apperently my familly has a history of aneurysms, but i really don't think its that serious. In other words i really have no idea but its very odd and scary when it happens
 matt2121 - Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:09 pm

I think mine might be different from yours DAH because I've never had any head trauma, but i went to the doctor today and he said it might be migraine headaches but he he sending me to get a MRI because it could be something worse ill let you know if I get any results but I think yours is probably related to your head trauma but I'm not a doctor, hope we get a reply on what yours and mine could be.
 RedTulip47 - Sun May 10, 2009 4:20 pm

I am 21. Two days ago I had the same thing happen to me. I was washing my face when I looked in the mirror and had blurry vision. I got dizzy and went to lay down when my head started killing me on the left side. Then my right arm, followed by my right cheek and then my entire tongue got numb. The numbness stopped after 5 minutes or so but the pain in my head continued until I fell asleep. I am okay now but am not sure what to do or what it was. Can a doctor reply to this post and can others with similar experiences please reply! It was a scary situation and am not sure what it was.

|