Question: Dizziness/Loss of Sensation/Hallucinations

Pinklemonaide1 - Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:43 pm

Hello, I am new here. I am 20 years old. I just recently saw a neurologist for the first time. I started getting migranes about two years ago. My brother, who is 22, has had migraines since he was 12. I am to be tested for MS within two months. My symptoms include; dizziness, tingling, loss of sensation in my hands, I cannot move two of my toes, migranes, optic neurtis, sometimes I feel as if I had wet myself, only to find nothing there, cold/wetness sensations on my back, legs, and hands, numbness in my left hand, mainly ring finger, constipation, diahrea, urgency to urinate, inability to urinate, pain, and severe twitches, or should i say spacicty, mainly in legs and arms. The spacicity some times accours in my face.

However my question in this.. The other day I had an episode while I was in the car. I started to get dizzy, disoriented, and my muscles tensed up. My mouth was stuck open, my eyes bulged, and I could hardly speak for almost 45 minutes. At the peak I started hallucinating. It wasn't anything major, I just saw some things, slight things, that weren't there. My legs and hands were so tense I couldn't move them. My eyes didnt blink for almost forty minutes. I felts it coming on.. But Ididnt think it was going to be this bad. I have had a similiar episode about 5 times in the past year. I just saw my neurologist for the first time in dec.

I suppose my question is, should I try to contact my nerologist before my next appointment, or is this normal? Well not normal, but something I shouldn't freak out about. Im very sorry to disturb you, but this is very much bothering me.

Thank you so much for your time, I really appreciate all your help and comments.

Oh and I had an MRI about 3 months ago that showed no lesions. I am takign baclofen, treximet, and reglan.

Thank you so muck for your help, this is a very scary time for me.
 LasombraXXI - Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:10 pm

I'm experiencing a lot of the things that you mentioned, Pink.
Do you feel a certain weird anxiety as well?
I'll walk around in a mall or store and in addition to that dizziness or tiredness,
I'll feel paranoid, Like I peed myself or something, I take a minute to orient myself,
and of course, I was imagining the sensation.
I've been to an allergist (utterly useless), an ear, nose and throat guy (almost as useless) and my general practitioner.
Now, my GP thought it might be depressed or have anxiety, which I might buy into,
But that still doesn't make much sense.
I've gone through quite a lot of antibiotics in their thinking that it might be some sort of inner ear infection. The ear nose and throat fellow, however (of course) disagrees with the other two doctors.
All I know is twenty five year old guys that work out and eat decent shouldn't have these kind of issues.
Best of luck Pink, I'd be interested in hearing how your MS test goes.

|