News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Could Migraines, Reynauds and vericose veins be related prob

kirra - Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi, I have severe and frequent migraine headaches. I also have Reynaud’s and varicose veins. I am convinced my 3 “issues” somehow relate since they are all vascular. Is it possible? Could this all be related to the Reynaud’s? My headaches are always worse in the colder months, though I do get them all year long. They are more frequent in the colder months. In addition, my varicose veins are worse in the summer months. I am 5’7’’ and weigh 128lbs.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:10 am

User avatar Hello -

Although there's no known clear connection between varicose veins, Raynaud's and migraine, your fundamental theory seems fairly sound. I think at least the migraine might well be related to Raynaud's, since it could be actually rebound headache, which is rather similar to the mechanism of Raynaud's, and both, in your case at least, are affected somewhat by the weather. While the varicosities may also somehow figure into this, that might just be a "bonus" item. It is vascular, though, as you say, so it can't be dismissed out of hand; it just doesn't have any known relation to the other conditions, including mechanism (the other two haven't been conclusively linked, but there is at least a measurable similarity).

I hope this is helpful to you. Good luck, and please follow up with us as needed.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here