News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: back pain and feel faint and whole body numbness

zeela - Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:18 pm

4 weeks ago I fell on icy steps. My back in the thorasic area hit the stair and I heard a crack sound. I had a x-ray and they said nothing was wrong. Now I still have pain on my spine in the area I hit the stair, and today I moved my neck really fast and I felt dizzy and numb all over and I thought I was going to pass out. What could this be? Could I have nerve swelling? Could I have a pinch nurve and what was the crack sound?
Thanks
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 pm

User avatar Hello -

Nerve swelling should be ruled out, as well as increased intracranial pressure originating in the spinal column, via MRI of the thoracic spine and the brain, as well as possible lumbar puncture. The symptoms are suggestive of something resulting from the fall. While the "crack" may have been simple mechanics, it also could have been something being displaced, even slightly, which could lead to further problems such as you are now experiencing. You should be evaluated by a neurologist and the appropriate studies done to rule out any potentially serious problems.

I hope this is helpful to you. Good luck, and please follow up with us as needed.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here