News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: weird "pain"in my head.

stacy28 - Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:42 pm

the dr seems to think that it is just stress n anxiety...but i beg to differ! this feeling has been going on for about 3 in half months. its at the top and back of my head...sometimes it even on the sides...there are days that it will pulse in the back with no pain at all... there thers time it will....im scared its an annurysum....also...my left cheek has been bothering me...its not from my sinuses... it feels to be right on my cheekbone n it feels prickly n it burns a lil...i have no fever...i have a drs appt tuesday and bringing this up again.!! thanx
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:58 pm

User avatar Hello,
When you see your doctor, be sure to mention your anxiety and worry over the possibility of aneurysm. I am sure this serious condition is something the doctor will be certain to rule out. Unfortunately there are many types of headache and the doctor can evaluate based on symptoms you report. Don't underestimate the damage stress can do to your health. If the doctor feels it is stress related, that does not mean it is unimportant. Even if there are other physical causes of the headache, reducing stress through yoga, meditation, therapy and exercise can help your condition. If anxiety is the main problem, medication might help that would help reduce these symptoms.

Good luck in your search for answers. I hope your appointment is helpful.

Best wishes.
 stacy28 - Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:49 am

thanx for ur reply Dr.. well she did already know of my anxiety..when i first went to her i was coming off of xanax from my previous dr... anyways...she saw fluid in side my ear and it must be all sinus related...she did give me treximet for migrane.. but i don't think its working..i honestly don't think it the migrane. she gave me omnaris nasal spray n wants me on it for a month! i read in a pamphlet that sinus can cause an infection in ur brain and kill u...that is scary...how long do u have to have it for that to happen? thanx again for ur reply
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:16 pm

User avatar Hello,
Sinus infection that is untreated can spread in the body and due to the close proximity to the brain, this can be a risky thing. Simple congestion itself is not going to do this kind of harm - only if there is an infection, especially bacterial that needs antibiotic. In that case you would likely develop fever and symptoms that would alarm you. Follow your doctor's instructions. Hopefully you will find the right solution. Sinus congestion can definitely manifest itself as headache so you are probably on the right track.

Best wishes.
 stacy28 - Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:44 pm

ty.. i had another visit to the dr...before iget to that..i havent hada fever through this at all...but my drs appt...i saw my physicans assistant and he thinks that this is rhinitis.. i understand its an allergy...my bp is always normal like 118/72 no fever it was 98.2 it hasnt gone over that in months... i know the insside of my nose is still a lil red...but its gonna take some time to get this out...im more nervous about the fluid in my ears...
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:45 am

User avatar I'm glad you are following up on this. Hopefully with a little more time the fluid will also be reduced and you will be feeling much better. Thanks for the update.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here