Forum Name: Headaches

Question: will physical therapy help my headaches and backache?

juli1004 - Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:22 am

My name is juli and my doctor told me to go to physical therapy because of my back pain. I was wondering if it will help my headache also?
the new symptoms keeps appearing such as severe legs pain, hand pain, neck stiffness. I'm taking vicodin that the ER gave me last time i was in the ER. I did a lumbar puncture in the ER and a CT scan. I was suppose to do an MRI but the doctor told me that the lumbar puncture is better too. it came out normal. the vicodin doesn't seem to be working and zoloft that i'm taking. my neurology doctor is going to prescribe me a medication for migraine i hope. I'm waiting for the referral to get an MRI or MRV done.

Juli
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:42 am

User avatar Hi Juli --

I take it there's been no concrete diagnosis as to the cause of your pain. This could be a neuropathy caused by either some obscure orthopedic problem or could be the result fo a viral problem. While physical therapy (PT) isn't a panacea, it may well be helpful. If it is, you'll be enouraged to expand on it. If the problem is due to some undiscovered orthopedic problem, PT may well help relieve the headache and other pains as well. It's certain worth a try. No guarantees, but it might just be the thing that helps turn this around, since all the most serious problems seem to have been eliminated by testing.

Best of luck to you. Please follow up with us here as needed.

|