News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Headaches in back of head during sex/masturbation

dutch - Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:37 pm

I recently have been getting bad headaches during sex and masturbation. This has happened the last five times so it has been very consistant. I also start to feel the headaches coming on when I am lifting weights at the gym, but I stop lifting as soon as I feel it coming on so it doesn't get bad. The pain came on very quickly the first time, probably within about 2-3 seconds. I kind of feel nauscous, but have not actually vommited. I don't really know how long they last becasue I usually just try to fall asleep as soon as possible. I also notice that even in the mornings I feel a very mild ache. The pain is in two spots in the back of my head, probably about two inches apart, about at the height of the middle of my ears. The only other thing that I have noticed is that my lymphnoids, at least i think thats what they are called, in my armpits swelled up for a day or two, but have since gone back down, but the headaches still persist.

I thought maybe it was just tension in my neck so i tried to masturbate with my head back and relaxed but it still gave me a headache, alothough maybe not quite as bad.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:57 pm

User avatar Hello --

What you describe sounds much like what's known as exertion headache. This is not uncommon, but since it can be caused by underlying serious problems, if it continues it should be looked into. Ten per cent of these are caused by organic disease of various sorts. The rest are mostly due to a form of migraine, and they usually last just minutes but can go on longer.

It's best to have this evaluated if it is consistent. While it's probably just normal (90 per cent are) there's a 10 per cent chance there could be a serious underlying cause, and 10 per cent is relatively high in terms of medical statisical data.

Hope this is helpful to you. Good luck with this and please follow up with us as needed.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here