Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Dull Pain on left/right side of head

bbowen19 - Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:20 pm

I have always gotten major headaches around this time of year, but those headaches were usually more like a stabbing/pulsing pain on left side of head and last on/off for 2-3 weeks. Went to the doctor years ago and they diagnosed it as sinus headaches.

But for the past couple of days I have gotten a type of headache I have never had before. Its more of a dull pain in my head. They each usually last for 30 minutes about 5 times a day. So far I have had the pain on the left/right side of my head also once in the back of my head.

The pain is so dull sometimes I question myself whether it's really there (but it is there). The dull pain is also constant it never gets any worse its always the same
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:32 pm

While the former headaches really don't sound like typical sinus headaches, they seem to have resolved, so we'll stick with what you're having now, which sound like global headaches, probably tension type. Needless to say theres are usually related to stress, although they can be caused by physical tension as well, without a stress trigger. Either way, they are treated the same, with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and sometimes muscle relaxants as well. It would be worth bringing this to the attention of your doctor, however, just so someone can do a face-to-face, cursory neurological survey before sending you to the drugstore. They really do sound, at least, a lot like classic tension headaches, however.

I hope this is helpful to you. Good luck with this and please follow up with us here as needed.

|