Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Hair Line Fracture and Headaches

ali9570 - Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:29 pm

I had a hairline fracture 40 years ago when I was 7 - my brother pushed me down while we were playing tag. I am 48 years old, smoke and get frequent headaches. The headaches I get feel like from when I had my hairline fracture. Is it possible to have such long term affects from an injury from that many years ago? I was hospitalized briefly just so they could monitor me but there wasn't anything they could do for it.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:30 pm

It is remotely possible this could be some sort of sequel to or result of the minor fracture you sustained 40 years ago, but it is unlikely. However, it is possible the sensation would be similar if local nerves were affected at the time of injury and this might be a logical site for a neuritis to arise, although probably with no direct connection to the old injury. These sorts of healed areas are sometimes more inclined to have this sort of inflammatory problem or it may just be that the location of the current pain determines its quality. Again, it is highly unlikely to be a direct result of the old injury, but could be indirectly related or could be simply that the injury site is more sensitive due to overgrowth of nerve tissue along the path of the fracture. The headache itself is the real issue, and the best way to treat it is the real mission.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you. Please follow up with us here as needed.

|