News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Headache, neck pain, nausea, vomiting

Whiney - Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:31 am

I made an appt with my doc but the soonest I can see him is in a week. My head is pounding, my neck hurts, I can't move my head. I can't quit vomiting, my temp is up a little. Any suggestions for symptomatic relievers until I can get to my doc? Nothing I am doing is working. Tylenol, Aspirin, Naprosyn, nothing. I just vomit.

I'm pretty tough when it comes to not feeling well but this is kicking my butt. I can't think or focus. Any suggestions??
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:25 am

Dear Whiney,

It is very unwise to wait for your doctor's appointment, which comes up in a week' s time.

Your symptoms of severe headache, neck pain and stiffness, profuse vomiting, fever and confusion are suggestive of raised intracranial pressure or meningeal irritation, which may result from a variety of sinister causes.

Please go immediately to ER for urgent investigation and care.

Dr Anthony Solomon
MB BS DTM&H DIP.VEN FRSM
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine
 Whiney - Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:57 am

Dr. S...

Wow... how do I thank you? You were on the money!

I was on Coumadin (clotting disorder causing PEs) and couldn't even think through what was going on. My head was pounding, I couldn't focus. My INR was 12.6, don't recall my PT.

My b/f of 16 years is an MD. After reading your response my first reaction was that it was a bit of overkill. It wasn't. A simple bump on the head, coumadin, you get the picture. I called him and asked him for help and he came home and we went to ER.

Long story short, thank you! I owe you big! If you guys ever question if your time here is well spent, question no longer. Seriously, thank you. Not sure how I can repay this one but for now, thank you.

Whiney
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:36 pm

I am very relieved that you have made contact again, and especially so because you are now well and out of a life-threatening situation. I was concerned when I did not get a feedback, and at one stage, imagined that you had ignored the instruction to go to ER.

I have to thank you for your kind words in the last paragraph, which are very encouraging to every member of the medical crew at our website.

Thank you again for coming back to the message boards with your story. For me, it has been a pleasure to have been of some use to you.

Dr Anthony Solomon

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here