Question: "hearing" the blood rushing, a heaviness in the lower neck

gentle_breeze77 - Thu May 14, 2009 6:43 pm

For the previous 14 months I have to sleep on two pillows at night because of the "noise" my blood makes in the arteries in my neck. Dr. listened but said he found everything ok. Ringing in my ears, a heaviness in my head (where the head and neck meet up) and lower lip has now begun to have spasms constantly throughout the day. Obvious to anyone standing in front of me. No real pain but lots of embarrassment and discomfort. Stress level is nothing unusual, work 28 hours/week and get enough sleep. I'm one of America's 50 million uninsured so I'd like your advice before I try to find some real-time medical help.
 Dejah Thoris - Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:14 pm

that's exactly what I have! and I have good insurance and had lots of tests and not a clue. The neurologist looks at me like I'm a nutcase. If you find out what it is, be sure to post. I don't know what is wrong in the back of my neck, but it started the same time my ears started ringing last year. I hear whushing noises in my ears when I'm in bed at night. Well, just hope it doesn't kill me. I'd hate to have a stroke.

|