News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Plantar Digital Nerves injury

andreindl - Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:15 pm

My wife and I moved into a new home two months ago and began to implement a no shoes policy. Our home is approx. 1,000 sq feet; I painted all the rooms barefooted the last two weeks and now recently began to feel tingling on both feet. When I wake up in the mornings and stand, I feel tingling on my toes on both feet (plantar side only) --not painful but uncomfortable. The nerves nearest to all the toes seem to be the most sensitive to standing. What is wrong?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:53 pm

User avatar Hello,
Because the barefeet are unsupported, the arch and forefoot spreads on weight bearing. Some people have no problem with walking or running barefoot due to their intrinsically well supported arch however others may suffer various types of foot and leg pain when on their barefeet too long.
This must be the case with you.
I would switch to walking in either supportive shoes or sandals. Birkenstock makes nice sandals and do well worn indoors.
Take care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here