News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Tingling scalp headache

Cozzie - Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:03 am

I am fit and healthy with no history of any illness. However I am becoming very concerned with a tingling headache and sensitive scalp I have been having for 6 months. I visited my GP 3 months ago who said it's just nerve endings and it will go away. The headache has become severe and tingling all over my head with extremely sore scalp at times. I cannot sleep with the pain and irritability of it and often awake with pain in my eyes. I am going travelling for 12 months in Jan 2010 and am keen to resolve this before I go. Please can you help? Thanks
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:23 am

User avatar Hello,Trichodynia is a peculiar condition in which the patient complains of pain or burning pain of the scalp.It may be associated with hair loss.Anxiety or depression may accompany or be the cause of these symptoms.Hypersensitive nerves have been implicated too.Biofeed back and relaxation techniques do help.Some may require anti anxiety or antidepressant medication.Ok?Wishing you speedy recovery.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here