News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: headaches, blurred vision, slight numbness on leftside,

lealea - Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:43 pm

Hi
I have recently been hospitalised with servere headaches, blurred vision, clumsyness, slight loss of motivation and sensation in my left arm and leg, stiff neck, dizzness when i stand up. Neurologist advised it was viral, as i also had a bad cold when addmitted. I had a CT , MRA and MRI and all were clear, also had bloods and they were clear. Later once out of hosiptal, talking to a friend of my mum whom works as a suregon in our local hospital, advised the sysmptoms sounds like a stroke.... Can you please clear this up forme. i am very confused. I am still suffering servere headaces, neck pain, blurred vision, i am very tired.
I have an appointment with the neuro surgen in a couple of months, but i would like to find out a little more before hand.
thanks
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:41 pm

Hello, lealea,

While some of your symptoms might suggest stroke, it would have shown up on the scans that you have had. Based on that, I would tend to accept the diagnosis of a viral condition. Some can last for a year or more. However, the fact that you have an appointment with a neurologist is very encouraging, since that is the next thing that we could suggest. It is to be expected that you would have considerable anxiety about your situation, and if you feel it would be helpful, you might request an anti-anxiety medication from your physician to help you until your neurology appointment. If you do this, however, ask your physician if you should discontinue the medication before seeing the neurologist, and how long before the appointment you should do so. It can be helpful if you maintain a record of all of your symptoms, including when they occur, how long they last, what you do to try to alleviate them, and what you are doing when they occur. Take it with you to see the neurologist, since it can help him identify any diagnostic patterns and most appropriate timing of medication dosages. I hope this is helpful to you.

Good luck to you!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here