Forum Name: Headaches

Question: HEADACHES DAILY

marci - Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:43 pm

I keep getting headaches daily
I have been admitted atleast 7 times over the past 9 months in the hospital.
I do not know if it the are the psuedotumor cerrebri headaches or what but I do not know what to do
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Hello, marci,

What a distressing situation for you! The combination of the headaches and the anxiety over what may be causing them can be debilitating. Has someone suggested the diagnosis of pseudotumor cerebrii headaches to you? Have the related tests (CT scan, evaluation of your visual status, MR venography, and/or lumbar puncture, for example) been done to confirm it? If you have not seen a neurologist for a complete evaluation of your headaches, please do so. I always recommend that a person maintain a daily record of their symptoms, including when they occur, their severity on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being very mild and 10 being severe), their duration, what if anything helps relieve them, what you were doing when they occurred (or just prior to when they occurred), and any other data that you consider significant. Always take your record with you when you see your physician(s), as it can help your doctor determine any diagnostic patterns and the timing of any medications for maximum effectiveness. Meanwhile, relaxation techniques during the headaches and a mild exercise program may help while you're awaiting your doctor's appointment.

Good luck to you!
 Shazinoz - Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:53 pm

I suffer from Chronic Daily Headaches (a known condition) as well as both Classic and Common Migraines.

I have tried MANY MANY different treatments in the past the ones that helped the most were Inpatient IV DHE (Dihydroergotamine) and Lignocaine infusions and IV Largactil Infusions.

Apart from this Ii take IM injections of DHE for severe headaches/ migraines as well as IM Maxolon for the Nausea.

I have tried many oral medications to both prevent and arrest the headaches but have had either allergic reactions to them or the side effects have been to severe (I have a very allergic nature in general), I also have tried nasal sprays and the like to arrest the migraines/ headaches and they worked a treat for ages but then stopped working as effectively after a long time and the DHE IM Injections (which I do myself, or my husband does for me) are just great (apart from having to get stuck/ stick myself with a needle. They work with 1 hr and do NOT rebound as some of the other med's did, where I got another one the next day or later that day etc as a rebound).

I found a GOOD Neurologist was the best for getting the help I needed, they first ruled out more severe conditions, like Brain Tumours, AVM's. bleeds etc etc etc

Good luck and I hope you get answers and a treatment(s) that work for you soon.
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi Shazinoz,

Thank you for your post; sometimes the most helpful thing is to hear from fellow sufferers, and to know that it's important to keep pursuing an answer and/or effective help.

I hope things continue to go well for you.

|