Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Constant Head-aches. No explanation.

dotdotdot - Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:53 am

Hello.
A while back (early this year) I had taken a CAT scan on my head to see if there was anything wrong with me. However, there was no evidence of anything been physically wrong. I would like to know why I have these constant head-aches without explanation. I have them 24/7 and have had them since about two years ago.

Thanks.
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Hello, dotdotdot,

If I were in your situation, I'd want to know, too! Since you've had the CT scan and it was negative, the next step would be to have a neurological evalution. If your physician also suggests a psychological evaluation to address anxiety as a contributing factor, please pursue that, too. Anxiety can be a major factor in headaches. I always encourage people to maintain a daily record of their symptoms - what the symptom is, when it occurs, how long it lasts, what you were doing when it occurred, and if anything helped relieve it to any extent. Take the record with you to any and all doctor appointments, as it can be an invaluable tool for your doctor in making a diagnosis and in determining the most appropriate treatment. I hope this is helpful to you.

Good luck!

|