Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Sever Headache

jlcjr1104 - Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:32 pm

About a week ago, I started getting these severe headaches. The first night that it happened, I was on my way to bed, got really dizzy.... felt like I was gonna pass out. When I got into bed, I shivered untill I fell asleep. The headaches began that night and have not let up since. I have been having trouble sleeping due to them.... They wake me up in the middle of the night hurting me so bad. I havev also had some blurred vision, dizziness, and a few white outs... feeling as though i was gonna faint or something. Aparently I have been having a fever.... when i lay down to go to bed, I have to have the heat up to 80-85 and buncled up in a blanket just to fall asleep Im so cold.
Last night I went to the ER. They checked for flu, checked my blood, did a scan of my head, and a spinal tap. All of the tests came back ok... Only thing they knew was that I had a fever and that my white blood cells were a little high. They sent me home telling me to take Tylenol for the fever.... Now that Im home and have slept, the headache is coming back... Any info??
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:41 am

User avatar Hi jlcjr1104,
Are you still experiencing an elevated temperature?This will cause the headaches to return.
 jlcjr1104 - Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:58 pm

No, the temperature is gone. Headaches are just as bad as they were though.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun May 01, 2005 6:00 am

User avatar Hi jlcjr1104,
Your symptoms may indicate a migraine. The scan of your head that you mentioned, was it done with or without contrast (IV dye)? A CT scan with contrast is certainly more definitive. Has there been an appointment for a follow-up?
 jlcjr1104 - Mon May 09, 2005 9:11 am

I am now seeing a neurologist. It appears the first headache that I went in with was a migraine, which thay havent found out what caused ir or brought it on. What happened was when I had the spinal tap done, it didnt seal therefore giving me worse headaches than I had in the beginning. I still have a headache, which I believe is the inital one... It just don't seem as bad after the other ones that Ive had.
 nobodysbabygrl87 - Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:26 pm

i am 22 yrs old and i have been experiencing migraines and headaches for 4 or more months now and i get them 3 times a day almost everyday. i ussually take ibuprofen 200 mg but they don't work so i take 800 mg 2 times a day when i get headaches unfrotuanatly it does not work, just a few suggestions would help or reasons or what could cause this.

thank you very much

nobodysbabygrl87

|