Forum Name: Headaches

Question: still undiagnosed

memjb14 - Tue May 03, 2005 1:05 pm

For over 2 years I have had the same problem. For almost 2 years I have been to my doctor, other doctors, eye doctors, have been on various medications and have had numerous tests all unconclusive.
I have pressure that seems to be behind my eyes and in my forehead constantly. I feel light-headed, off balance, dizzy. Every day I have to fight with my eyes. My eyes get a "pull" to them. If you make yourself look cross-eyed...that's what my eyes do but by themselves whether I'm looking straight ahead or off to either side. Once my eyes just voluntarily crossed but when I looked in the mirror my eyes were facing straight. Just a couple of days ago I looked at something to the side of me and both my eyes pulled. Sometimes I get blurred vision and spots all the way around my pupil but I can see fine through the middle. This always last anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour and sometimes more than once a day. I always feel a headache and pressure but more so before and especially after my eyes do that. I also get headaches after I eat.
I have had an MRI, cat scan, sinuses ex-rayed, have been on migraine medication (which only made me feel worse), ulcer, blood and allergy tests, my eyes were dialated as well as other tests and medications.
The only diagnosis that came over the last 2 years is my cholesterol and sugar is a little high. I watch what I eat and exercise at least 4 times a week.
When I was 14 or so I had an operation for scoliosis. Could the harrington rods and wires in my back have anything to do with the way I feel now? I've been fine for over 20 years physically except for back pain and muscle stiffness from the surgery I imagine.
At this point I don't know what kind of physician or treatment to seek.
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Tue May 03, 2005 3:26 pm

Dear memjb14,

you should definately see an opthalmologist(eye doctor)....there is something wrong with your eyes muscles ...when it comes to those squinting episodes you get. and they can DEFINATELY...cause you the headaches....severe ones..., blurring of vision , an definately dizziness.

I don't think it's from the scoliosis ...because you said it was in your back and the nerves supplying the eyes and the eyes muscles and further up in position.

I was going to ask about MRIs and CT scans...but you've already done those...any abnormalities around the eyes area... were the scans normal?

anyway,please seek an ophthalmologist and tell me how it goes,
best regards,
 memjb14 - Wed May 04, 2005 10:19 am

Thank you for your reply. The MRI and CAT scans were normal and nothing was ever said about my eyes. I will see an opthalmologist and post the outcome. Thanks again.

|