Question: need some advise... please

CrystalH - Wed May 18, 2005 4:21 pm

over the past several months i have had several seemingly unrelated symptoms. they have become very bothersome and are affecting my normal daily life. i am going to list all of the symptoms i am having and hope that you can make some sense of it.

over the past few years i have had several time where i have had numbness in my left buttock and groin area. it is not completely numb and feels like it has been numb and is regaining feeling... numbness, tingling, burning, coldness... all at the same time.

over the past few months i have had the same sensation in the back of my head

now i am having the same feeling in my left leg. it has lasted for 4 days.

my thought processing is not up to speed. at times i forget what i am saying in the middle and can't regain the thought. sometimes i know what i want to say but it won't come out. i can be given information and 5 minutes later can't recall it. (this is not all of the time, thank goodness)

i am so tired. i feel like i could sleep for days. no matter how much rest i get, i still feel tired. some mornings i feel as though i will fall asleep on the way to work.

at night, my legs jerk and hurt. i get cramps in my feet that cause my feet to look distorted. i have had to pull my car off of the road to reposition them so that i could make it home.

my vision gets blurry. i thought it was my contact lenses so i changed them. the blurriness comes and goes, even when i'm wearing my glasses. my eyes seem to be more dry than usual. it is like i am trying to look through a fog. sometimes it is double vision. i try not to drive at night because the lights blind me.

i have had time when i close my eyes to go to sleep, it looks like there are bright yellow lights shining in my closed eyes.

i just feel bad generally... i can't work out in the yard. i feel as though i will pass out and throw up when i get overheated. if i do manage to get through a day of yardwork, my body aches so bad for several days.

overall i have been very healthy. i walked 2-5 miles at least 3 times a week. i eat right. i take care of myself. i don't smoke and rarely drink alcohol. i am not depressed or overly stressed out. please... any ideas?????
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Thu May 19, 2005 2:33 pm

Hi!
Get in touch with a neurologist IMMEDIATELY! It is very important that you are clinically examined soon and your doctor might advise you a CT scan of your brain as well that of the spine in addition to an ECG.
Best wishes.....
 CrystalH - Fri May 27, 2005 8:31 pm

thank you for your response. i went to a neurologist as you suggested. he ordered a MRI which i had last week. he was concerned that i may have MS. at this time nothing he found supports his suspected diagnosis. i am feeling better today and hope that i will continue to improve. i could hardly walk for over a week. i still have a limp and feel off balance. the fatigue is overwhelming. he gave me Mirapex (restless leg syndrome), Ambien (insomnia), Topamax (migraines). he also found that i have excessive white blood cells in my urine. no infection, no red blood cells. he referred me to a urologist. he also sent me to an opthmalogist because i had a patch of blood in the far left corner(under the eye lid) in my left eye. he did nerve testing on my left leg and found hypersensitivity (source unknown) he said he has no explanation for any of my symptoms. he is trying to treat each of my symptoms on its own. i am more confused now than before i went. my primary care physician asked me to come back in for him to run some more tests on his own. he seems to think that all of this is connected some way. they both keep mentioning MS. would it be possible to have MS and it not show on an MRI?
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Sat May 28, 2005 2:02 pm

Hi! Cheer up. Stop thinking about MS for the time being. Have confidence on your doctor, he's prescribing the right solutions to your problems. Now let's wait for your urologist's opinion. As far as yur eye problem is concerned, I don't think it's too serious but only a person examining you can say best. With regard to your question, MRI is pretty accurate in diagnosing MS, but just like any other investigation, it will miss out some very early cases although the chance is pretty small: so be assured and enjoy life!!
 CrystalH - Sat May 28, 2005 5:42 pm

i truly do appreciate you taking the time to respond to me. i don't talk much about how i feel to my family and friends because i really don't want them to know how bad i really feel. they can tell that i don't feel well and the the fact that i can't walk straight anymore kinda gives it away but i just dismiss it to them as being tired. i read a little about MS and i do have many of the symptoms. however the symptoms i have also go along with a dozen other illnesses including just being tired. i'm not a pessimist. i am just tired of feeling sick and tired. i wasn't depressed before but i think feeling so bad is taking a toll on my emotions. i can't do things that i normally do. i get up in the morning feeling exhausted barely able to walk. my body is all stiff and achy. 9 months ago i got up in the morning and jogged 3 miles before work. last night i took ambien, mirapex, and topamax and still could not sleep because my neck and legs were aching so bad. i am going to be patient and follow all of the guidlines my doctor gave me in hope that i will feel better soon. i know that he is doing everything he can to help me. i get up every morning telling myself that this is going to be a good day. i put on a smile and my best limp :-) and start the day. i refuse to let it get the best of me. thank you again
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Sun May 29, 2005 12:24 pm

That's the spirit! Keep it up and best wishes......

|