News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Is this a type of seizure?

Feeling Frustrated - Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:04 pm

I had a seizure while I was sleeping on Monday night. I could tell when I got up the next day that I felt weird, but was able to walk, so I went to work. By the time I got to work, I knew I was having a seizure. Only thing is, my seizures aren't always the same and now I'm wondering if they are really seizures. My doctor is away on vacation untill after the 4th of July.

Monday night, I woke up feeling really scared after dreaming about something in my early childhhood, I mean, I was really scared, but could not remember what I was dreaming about specifically. This has happened to me on many occasions in the past, waking up after a bad dream, always about something when I was really little (I can never remember the dreams to document them, but I do know the scared feeling I was experiencing). This keeps me from being able to sleep the rest of the night. Anyways, after I arrive at work, my eyes just keep getting more fuzzy and everything around me is like it is far away, I'm aware of people, I just can't focus or think. The computer monitor screen is too much for me to scroll through, it is like my eyes just shut down, I can't hold a thought and I found myself just talking really fast, about nothing. By lunch, I'm feeling better, eat a good lunch. At around 3:00, I get this really, really bad headache, feel sick to my stomach, rush to the bathroom and throw up, the area around my eyes swell from throwing up so much. My company insists I go home and call me a cab, but the cab for some reason does not come, and I end up staying at work. I am well enough to go home via the subway and bus, but am really tired when I get home. I lay down for a couple hours, am not hungry and go to bed at my regular time. I had to eat just so I could take my meds before bed. I did go to work the next day, but still was exhausted and by today (Thursday) I feel just fine like nothing has happened.

Does this sound like a type of seizure? The headache and throwing up AFTER what I call a seizure is new to me.

I am now on 1200mg. of trileptal for the seizures, I take no other seizure medicine.

Sorry this is so long.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:45 pm

User avatar There is no way for us to tell. Did you have an EEG? Did you see a neurologist? Ask the doctor who prescribed the Trileptal what he thinks.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here