News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Some thoughts of what is happening

Steve L - Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:58 pm

I have had the sides of my thighs go numb countless times during day and night for the last year.. Now I find my sides of my hands and the last two small fingers contstantly going numb often and for long times. I have seen neurologist one time and had an emg tet.. Everything is fine. This numbnes is in all extrmeities. This numbness can be set off as easily as carrying my laptop in its carrying case for less than a minute. also just leaning on the under side of my forearm can set this off. No one can even give me an idea what is going on. Please someone give me some thoughts I can bring back to the doctor so we can find out what is going on.. It is getting worse in the last 2 months.

Sincerely
Steve
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:13 am

User avatar Do you have chronic neck, shoulder or back pain? If so, this can frequently happen, because the nerves to the extremities come from the neck for the arms, and the back for the legs. If you are fairly young, this can be due to stress because the neck, shoulders and back are the centers that tighten up with stress and anxiety.

If you are middle aged or older, it can be either stress or osteoarthritis. Antiinflammatories will relieve this, ask your doctor about taking them, but they are not recommended if you have a history of stomach ulcers or other intestinal disorders.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here