News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: My Finger is Numb and I Don't Know Why!

subtle - Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:08 am

Please help me- I don't know what's wrong. The tip of my ring finger on my right hand went numb suddenly yesterday and hasn't recovered yet. I was carrying a bag in that hand and walking home after work and thought the finger had just "gone to sleep" but the numbness got more intense at times and less intense at times but the numbness has been there since yesterday evening. I have no pain and this has never happened to me before. I am pretty worried. Thanks for any advice.
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:39 am

Dear Subtle,

Try and do some alternate warm then cold foments for your finger 5 minutes each to increase the blood circulation in it and see how that goes.
If you recognize color changes or the problem persists/gets worse ,please go to the ER.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here