News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: ulnar nerve pinched in palm?

allaei - Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:32 pm

every time after I take a yoga class my right pinky/palm feels tingly and half-numb. yoga requires you to place yourself in a lot of poses, the main one being one that places a lot of your weight on your palms.

normally after a class, my right pinky goes numb for about half a day and goes away, but the numbness that started last friday has not gone away up til today.

the reason i know that it is my palm is because this weekend i was doing some laundry and had to lean over my basket to get something on the dryer, placing my weight on my palm on top of the dryer. when i did that, electricity shot through my hand and pinky and the numbness increased. this morning i took another yoga class, and when we got into the pose mentioned above, i had the same feeling of electricity shooting through my hand.

i researched and found that the ulnar nerve is generally pinched at the elbow, but I don't think that this is the case for me. I'm worried that I will have to get a surgery, and I'm hoping that there is some alternative.
 gt1924 - Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:46 pm

I CAME ACROSS AN ARTICLE THAT SAID YOU CAN GET A PINCHED ULNAR NERVE IN THE GUYON CANAL WHICH IS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND. JUST TYPE GUYON CANAL SYNDROME IN AND WEBSITES WILL COME UP.
HOPE I COULD HELP!
GOOD LUCK!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here