Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: numb pinky & ring finger, nonstop past 6 months

jimmy391966 - Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:20 am

My pinky and ring on my left hand went numb one day in March , Its now Augest and the feeling still hasnt returned. It wasnt an injury, it just went numb also the side of my palm. I don't know what to do to get the feeling back, can anyone please help?
Thank You all for any help cause I don't have any insurance to go see a doctor, again Thanks. :cry:
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:34 am

User avatar Hi jimmy391966,
Symptoms of ulnar nerve compression commonly presents with numbness of the pinky and ring fingers. Treatment for this is generally splinting the arm at night and using medications (NSAID'S) such as Ibuprofen. Surgical options may be necessary to relieve the compression if these more conservative methods fail to alleviate the symptoms.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 jimmy391966 - Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:42 am

Thank you for helping me :D , Is it normal for the numbness to last as long as it it?
It has been numb everyday for about 6 months now , I don't have any pain from it.
It just went numb one day and hasnt stopped...
Thank You for taking time to help, I really mean it , Thank You so very much :D
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:07 am

User avatar Hi jimmy391966,
As long as the compression is present, symptoms will persist. If you try the conservative methods and they are unsuccessful additional methods are warranted. Have an evaluation by your physician if the symptoms persist. Thank you for using https://www.doctorslounge.com Get well soon :)
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us