Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Back of head headaches

Hawaiigirl2 - Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:34 pm

For the last 2-3 weeks I have been having headaches in the back of my head and sometimes they will be in the very top of my head. They are not sinus-type headaches rather like a pressure headache. A dull type pain.

I am 50 years old, on meds for high blood pressure which keeps it pretty normal most of the time so I do not know why I have begun having these headaches. I am worried I could have a brain tumor or something. One night I woke up and had some tingling in my fingers as well. This only happened on one occasion so I may have been sleeping with my arms rasied above my head. Any thoughts on what these headaches could mean?

Thanks!
 helpmydad - Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:44 pm

my dad is 85 , he,s in unreal shape, always has been very active , i still cant beat him at
racket ball. hes never had a smoke , or a drink. he eats healthy, hes happily married and he relax,s in a jacuzzi every night... the back of his head , ache,s almost constent and he feels
at least alittle dizziness, not sick just dizzy. he,s been to the V.A. a handfull of times without
result,s . im sure theres something simple i can do for him , i just don't know what.. he,s
givin alot of his life to chairty,s in fact he founded operation big brother , big sister back when i was a kid. i have to do something for him , please help me in any way you can,
i don't care if its middle of the road stuff or strange new wave snake oils , please help me,
i cant stand to know hes in pain ! i truly thank you for any help ...
helpmydad
 steelwidow - Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:19 am

Please help. I don't have insurance so going to the doctor is an option, but going in debt for it isn't something I want to do...

For 4 days I've had pain behind my left ear, just past the skin that doesn't have hair on it...

A little bit of nausia accompanies this pain... if I take motrine it will go away for awhile but it comes back big time...

Suggestions?

I've been dealing with a sinus issue on that same side of my head for about a year, but this feels different than a sinus headache...

|