News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Tip of right ear and face going numb and tight.

MNPEEPS - Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:08 pm

The tip of my right ear has been going numb for 4 weeks now after the first week it spead across my face. My face has stayed numb and tight for 3 weeks my ear comes and goes. I also feel dizzy and shakey. That also comes and goes.
I have had bood work done, x-ray of the sinus and seen my doc 3 times and my ENT.
Please help I feel like this is out of control.

CCross - Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:29 pm

the next time you see your doctor, ask them about bells paulsy. I have it and if I get stressed it flares up. The right side of my face goes numb and tight and that side is basically paralyzed. you can tell I have it too, the right side of my face, my smile is never up like a normal smile. just ask about it. the same thing happened to me.

I am 17 and my first episode happened when I was 13. I was told I am the youngest person to ever have it. I got it, well it flared up again about 6 months later, and the doctor told me it is extremely rare to have it flare up more than once, especially someone my age. I have had approximately, 5 flare ups. It is a part of my life. I have learned to deal with it.

Good luck, hope this has helped.
 MNPEEPS - Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:38 am

Thank you I will forsure ask them I am going back in soon.

When you had a flare up how long does it last?

I have actually started feeling better. My cheeks still feel weird but it not as bad.

Thank you so much !!!!!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here