Question: Tip of right ear and face going numb and tight.

MNPEEPS - Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:08 pm

The tip of my right ear has been going numb for 4 weeks now after the first week it spead across my face. My face has stayed numb and tight for 3 weeks my ear comes and goes. I also feel dizzy and shakey. That also comes and goes.
I have had bood work done, x-ray of the sinus and seen my doc 3 times and my ENT.
Please help I feel like this is out of control.

CCross - Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:29 pm

the next time you see your doctor, ask them about bells paulsy. I have it and if I get stressed it flares up. The right side of my face goes numb and tight and that side is basically paralyzed. you can tell I have it too, the right side of my face, my smile is never up like a normal smile. just ask about it. the same thing happened to me.

I am 17 and my first episode happened when I was 13. I was told I am the youngest person to ever have it. I got it, well it flared up again about 6 months later, and the doctor told me it is extremely rare to have it flare up more than once, especially someone my age. I have had approximately, 5 flare ups. It is a part of my life. I have learned to deal with it.

Good luck, hope this has helped.
 MNPEEPS - Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:38 am

Thank you I will forsure ask them I am going back in soon.

When you had a flare up how long does it last?

I have actually started feeling better. My cheeks still feel weird but it not as bad.

Thank you so much !!!!!

|