Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers
provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not
replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site
visitor and his/her physician."
Back to Neurology Answers List
- Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:24 pm
I'm new to this site, so please bare with me...About 2 months ago (Mid July 2005) I’ve had a bicycle accident and hit the electricity post with my head. Everyone thinks it's funny but that how it all started. At the time I refused to see a doctor or go to the hospital because I thought it was nothing and endured the pain with left black eye for 2 weeks. I'm very actively fit so I still continue to exercise everyday (running, biking, walking, boxing, yoga and more). Then my family and I got invited to go to Six Flags. And of course knowing myself, I had to have fun and experience some rides. We did Pandemonium which I thought was weak and Twister was fantastic but then after the ride I wasn’t feeling well and felt nauseated. So needless to say, we had to stop and went home. A week later …
August 9, 2005 – Sleep all day (Wasn’t feeling good)
- Boxing for 30 mins to warm up
- Run w/ Brother around seven/eight
- Drank Pilon Expresso shot
- Energy booster up
- Weight lifted for 30 mins.
- 12:00 am suddenly felt tired went to bed
- 12:20 woke up because of nightmare
- Headache / Right shoulder hurts / couldn’t stand still
- Probably pulled a muscle
- When to Kent County Hospital
August 10, 2005 - Kent County Hospital
- Head CAT scan (Brain) – findings no midline shift / no intracranial hemorrhage / no hydrocephalus / visualized sinuses are well aerated. Reported by DR. MILLER (M.D)
- Lumbar (SPINAL TAP FLUID) Puncture – Findings : none
- Released w/o explanation
August 13, 2005 – Warwick Medical Walk-In
- Dr. Chang
- Headache like no other like 20X of migrane
- Butalbital w/ aspirin and caffeine
- Headache went away
August 14, 2005 – South County Hospital
- Couldn’t stay still (Nerves was up)
- Tested for Lyme disease
- Advised to stop taking Butalbital
- Diagnose with Post Concussion Syndrome / ANXIETY
- CAFFEINE Allergy
- Vicodin (5mg), Motrin 600 mg, Lorazepam 1 mg
- Stated Drinking DOXYCYCLINE 100mg (Prescribe by : Dr. Chang) to treat lyme disease
August 22, 2005 - MIDLAND MEDICAL Walk-In (Cranston)
- Check up / Follow up
- Feeling tired all the time
- Right shoulder / hand / foot feeling numbness
- Diagnose with vertical vertigo (Fingers press down on shoulder)
- Referred to Chiropractor
August 24, 2005 – DR. CALIRI (Warwick)
- Heaven and hell begins
- XRAY of bones
- Found out that my Spinal Cord is not sea shell form but SNAKE form
- Begin Pinching of the nerves
- Straightening Spinal cord
- Aligning of short leg
- Aligning of neck because of accident
- For 2-4 Hours I feel nothing but after everything is contracting
- Muscles, nerves, everything
- I felt HOT and Cold at the same time but no fever
- ICEPACK is the only advised medicine
- 2 weeks of Agony and then finally I stopped the sessions because I couldn’t take the pain anymore.
- It’s seems like it was adding more pain to my headache.
- STOPPED MEDICATION as well.
September 19, 2005 –STILL RECOVERING
- Need Second opinion because
- Still gets Headache (not severe) from
- RIDING CARS / WALKING / LOOKING DOWN / UP / WATCHING MOVIES / USING COMPUTER / MOVING FROM SIDE TO SIDE (NECK)
- Not taking any medicine but Ibuprofen
- Sometimes vision is hazy and dizzy
- At the end of the day my head feels heavy, neck pain, back shoulder pain
- Where is the headache coming from?
- How long is Post concussion syndrome normally?
- How do you deal with anxiety when it attacks?
- Do I have a neck problem because of accident or Chiropractor?
- Am I still dehydrating?
- Do I need MRI?
- Will my Vertical Vertigo go away?
- Do I need Therapy?
- Am I heading for a stroke, blood clot, Artery block?
- WILL IT EVER GO AWAY or is this permanent?
I JUST TURNED 33 TWO WEEKS AGO...
PLEASE I NEED HELP...
- Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:01 am
No need to reply...I went to my doctor 2 days ago and she gave me some muscle relaxation medicine and steroids. I don't have the headache anymore. Cyclobenzaprine (Muscle relaxation) seems to work on me. The steroids I haven't taken yet and I really don't want to.
For now I'm on one medication and I'm fine with it.