Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Back of head & neck pain

anelisse - Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:01 am

Hi, all! I hope somebody out there can help me out a bit. I've never had this particular type of head pain. It started when I bent over to pick something up and just never went away. The very back of my head near my neck started hurting; originally just a solid pain. This gradually (over a few minutes) turned into a throbbing pain, which spread down my neck and to the top of my head (scalp-ish) and some on the sides. The only place it did not spread to was the front. Additionally, I have been sensitive to lights and noises; I don't have a true ringing in my ears, but it's as if I can "feel my heartbeat" in my ears. Sorry, but I don't know how else to put it. I have looked a few places (webmd, etc) but I can't find symptoms that match this exactly. If I sit (as I'm doing now) it throbs mildly--and my neck is still sore (was not before this). If I get up, I feel a little out of it and it gets worse. I'm not even going to attempt bending down again! Oh, and I have just a little problem focusing, but I I can still read this tiny print, so guess I'm doing okay! I've only had these symptoms for maybe an hour, but I just worry since I've never experienced them before. Any help is appreciated! Thank you so much. :) [/i]
 kids - Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:51 pm

I have a hard lump on the back on my head on the left side by my ear and a smaller one right next to it. It's gotten big and now I'm getting scared. I also have terrible headache along the back of my head. Can you please help? What could this be?
 tzya - Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:13 am

Hello there!

I think that you
 tzya - Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:14 am

(sorry just now that message got cut off)

I think that you are having a migraine.

Changes of visions and smells are symptoms of it.

I have been suffering from migraine as well!

I suggest that you should go see a doctor to go get some medicine to relieve your pain.

Hopefully it will work.

All the best to you.

|