News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: MRI and CT Results

Qu4lity - Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:50 pm

I have had a MRI and a CT without contrast, and the results were apparently normal.
i have had these symptoms for 6 months now, nd they started with a stapping pain in the location described below.
I have a sharp pain in the back of my head just to the right of my neck bones at the height of the top of my ear, and some times get stapping pains and dizzyness.
i also get groggy felling headaches and some times throughout the day my right pupil is much larger than my left, and i get pain in my eyes at times. my doctor has not seem them like this but says the reaction of my eyes are normal when hes seen them the same size.
would these two normal results rule out an anurysm as i have read that headache and unequal pupils are symptoms of this, or should i be concered and request further tests?
im a 19 year old male.
 Brylee831 - Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:26 pm

I have some of these symptoms myself. I have had an MRI & CT, they also turned up normal. Ask your DR. to get an EEG. My neurologist told me that an aneurysm will show up on one of these 3 tests if there is a potential for a rupture.
Hope this helps some.. :)

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here