News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: symptoms for what?

luckyone2121 - Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:20 pm

I am 20 years old and during the last 2-3 months have been experiencing FREQUENT lightheadedness (10-12 times a day), though not lasting long. THese are accompanied by not really difficult to breath or shortness of breathe, but maybe pressure of my upper chest, lower throat would describe it better. Lately I have been experiencing a slight loss of hearing in my right ear followed by ringing. This also doesn't last that long--a few moments, but it bothersome none-the-less. I also go through periods where my arms and legs feel really weak...not tingly...just weak. Ocasionally, (once a week) I feel nautious and a few times have sat above the toilet. A few times a month I get a shooting headache in the back of my head, near the top of my neck. My maternal grandfather died of a brain tumor when he was around 35. I'm not sure how hereditary brain tumors are though. Would you recommend making an appointment with my physician? Thanks for your help!!
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:30 pm

User avatar Hi!

I would recommend a visit to the doctor. I might want to rule out orthostatic hypotension, pericarditis, or to rule out brain tumors as you mentioned. Would you know the kind of tumor that your grandfather had? Glomus tumor is a type of tumor in brain that is associated with hearing loss, but your age is a good insurance against it.

bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here