Carboplatin dosage calculator (Area under the curve - carboplatin clearance)
- Carboplatin dosage (mg) = AUC (mg/ml x min) x carboplatin clearance (ml/min)
- AUC = Area Under Curve
- carboplatin clearance for Male = (0,134xweight)+(218xweightx(1-0.00457xage)/serum creat.)
- carboplatin clearance for Female = (0,134xweight)+0.686x(218xweightx(1-0.00457xage)/serum cr?t.)
- For obese patients : if total body weight(TBW)/ ideal body weight(IBW) >= 1.2, weight is corrected by the mean between TBW and IBW. IBW calculation is performed with Lorentz Formula. This correction is calculated automatically by the program.
Ranges & units :
- AUC = 3 to 8 mg/ml x min
- Age : 18 to 100 years old
- Weight : 40 to120 kg
- Height (used for ideal body weight calculation):130 - 220 cm
- Serum creatinine : 53 to 531 ?mol/l
|Article reviewed by:||
Dr. Tamer Fouad, M.D.
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.