News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: bump behind my skull

frost - Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:12 pm

I have this bump behind my left side of my skull where the occipital lobe and the cerebellum meet and it is bone. Some times I get this small headaches then some times I get this powerful headaches. My vision seems to have gotten worse then it already was.

I would of gone to a doctor but i don't have insurance :(
 R. Zein, Pharm D - Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:45 pm

User avatar Dear
the fact that u have mentioned the mass or bone is affecting ur vision really requires that u seek medical help. i understand your insurance problem, but you truly need to rule out the possibility of having something more serious in your brain or skull. a CAT scan will help in this case, and i am sure a visit to the physician will make u feel better, and less anxious.

hope u feel better
thank you
 mikasan - Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:02 pm

User avatar This is going to be long but please help me out.
I am 25 going on 26. I use to get sharp pain like headaches when I was in my late teens nothing as bad as now just like a bad migrane. They haven't been so bad until now. It'll always start from the back right side of my skull shooting to the front. Feels like someone just stab me with a screwdriver in the head. It'll last for 15sec or less. When this happens to me my vision blurs for 30sec or a minute. Of course making me lose my balance if standing or walking.
This has happen to me yesterday. I was going to take a shower and out of no where this sharp pain struck me in the back of my head shooting to the front. Yes, I lost balance and my vision was blurred. Today I woke up and ran my fingers along the back of my ear and notice a bump knot like on the bottom of my skull. It's a hard knot that doesn't move but hurt to the pressure but not touch. As of now I just feel slight pain on my right side of my skull. I feel tingling sensation around my eyes to the back of my skull where this bump like knot is just behind my ear below my hairline. Does this has anything to do with my sharp pain headache?
Sometime I'm afraid it'll occur when I'm driving and cause an accident. So, I don't drive when I'm feeling tire. But again this pain will come out of nowhere. I would like to see a doctor but then again I'm one of those people who has no insurance. What can I be suffering from? Anxiety? But that doesn't explain the bump...

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here